شهادة تسجيل مواطن الاتحاد الأوروبي
EU Citizen Registration Certificate
Persons to whom this is applicable:
Citizens of countries that are members of the European Union, that are party to the EEA Agreement or Switzerland, and that have been resident in Spain for more than three months are obliged to request registration at the Central Register of Foreign Nationals.
Countries that are members of the European Union or party to the EEA Agreement:
Austria – Belgium – Bulgaria – Cyprus – Croatia – Czech Republic - Denmark – Eire - Estonia – Finland – France - Germany– Greece – Holland – Iceland – Latvia – Liechtenstein* - Luxembourg – Malta – Norway* – Poland – Portugal – Rumania - Slovakia – Slovenia – Spain – Sweden – Switzerland** – United Kingdom*
* States that are party to the EEA Agreement:
** Agreement between the European Community and the Swiss Confederation regarding the free movement of persons was reached on 21st June 1999,.
All citizens of countries that are members of the European Union, or party to the EEA Agreement have the right to reside in Spain for a period of more than three months if:
- Personsworking in paid employment in Spain.
- Persons who areself-employed in Spain.
- Persons whohavesufficient resourcesnot to become a burden on the public finances of Spain during their period of residency. They must also provide public or private health insurance, contracted in Spain or in another country but providing health cover in Spain during their period of residenceat a level that is equivalent to the cover provided by the Spanish National Health System.
- The appraisal of sufficient financial means will be conducted on a case-by-case basis and will take into account the applicant´s personal and family situation. Possession by the applicant of supporting documentation that validates the existence of financial means that are higher than the amount annually established in the Spanish Budget for the right to receive non-contributory benefitbearing in mind the applicant´s personal and familiar situation,will be considered as sufficient.
- Students who are enrolled in a public or private centre, either recognized or funded by the Education Authorities, for studies or professional training, and who have public or private health insurance, contracted in Spain or in another country but providing health cover in Spain, and are in possession of a declaration proving that they have sufficient resources for themselves and their family not to become a burden on the Spanish Social Security system during their period of residence.
- Persons who are citizens of a country that is a member of the EU, who are family membersor who are being reunified with a citizen of a EU country, or a country that is party to the EEA Agreementand that fulfils one of the aforementioned conditions. The family member may be:
- In the event that we are dealing with a student’s family members: their spouse or civil partner, or the children of the student and his/her ´s spouse or civil partner.
- In all other cases: the spouse or civil partner, their direct descendants, or the direct descendants of the spouse or civil partner, who are under 21 years old, or if over 21 years of age are disabled or otherwise dependent; or their dependent direct ascendants, along with those of the spouse or civil partner. Required Documentation:email@example.com- Legal standing for Submission of the Application: the EU citizen, or citizen of a country that is party to the EEA Agreement, in person.http://www.seap.minhap.gob.es/web/servicios/extranjeria/extranjeria_ddgg.html.- Fee: 10.60 Euros, payment of which must be made prior to the issuing of the EU Citizen Registration Certificate.
- - Issuance of EU Citizen Registration Certificate:When the corresponding fee has been paid and, subject to fulfilment of the applicable criteria,the Certificate will be issued to the EU citizen, indicatingtheir name, nationality, address, foreign resident´s identification number and the date of registration.
- - Deadline for Submission:Three months, taken from the date of arrival in Spain.
- - Place of Submission: The Office of Immigration of the province in which the applicant resides or the corresponding Police Station. Information on the address, phone nos. and office hours can be consulted at:
- PMF Advocats will provide you with an updated list of the documents that you will have to present. You can acquire this list by calling 972 22 04 75 or by sending an email to:
- It will be understood that dependent family members are those that are economically supported by the EU citizen and that are in need of material assistance to cover their basic needs. Such dependence must be pre-existent in the country of origin.